Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure to treat joint problems. In this procedure a keyhole incision is made and an Arthroscope is inserted into the joint. WIth the help of a miniature video camera, the surgeon can visualise an illuminated and magnified image of the joint structures.
This has completely revolutionised the conventional large incision surgery previously used.
Arthroscopic surgery is safe and effective, and the best surgical option for a large number of conditions.
The Arthroscopy team at SBJH is headed by Dr. S Ravi Subramaniam, a highly trained and skilled surgeon who pioneered arthroscopy in South India.
- SBJH is among the pioneers in ACL reconstruction and uses the innovative Australian triple bundle technique which restores the joint to its original form
- Arthroscopic surgery at SBJH's Mini Day surgery unit allows patients to be discharged on the same day of the surgery.
- Arthroscopic reconstruction of the knee, shoulder, elbow, foot & ankle and wrist joint, is routinely performed at SBJH using the latest technology.
- Arthroscopic surgery is minimally invasive, highly effective, and extremely beneficial for patients.
- SBJH is well known for its expertise in arthroscopic surgery and has a fully equipped infrastructure, and dedicated and trained team that expertly employs advanced surgical technology.
- Quick recovery with minimum pain, smaller incision and high success rates makes Arthroscopy one of the best treatment options for patients
- SBJH follows a very strict protocol to maintain extremely sterile conditions for all surgeries. This ensures we have a very low infection rate compared to the average norm of Arthroscopic surgery
- Ethics plays a key role in the SBJH culture. We will never operate on a patient that will not benefit from the surgery. Rest assured, you will be in good hands
- NABH accredited, NABL accredited for safety and quality