SBJH comprises of a multidisciplinary team that offers a holistic approach in the management of Spinal problems. We aim to provide safe, high quality, cost-effective and state of art, operative and non-operative management of spinal disorders. Multidisciplinary consultation ensures that every patient receives a complete assessment and even the most complex spinal problems will be effectively handled. Director Dr.Sivamurugan Soundarapandian heads our Spine team and has over 40 years of experience in the field. He is the dynamic leader of the Spine Team and continues to put patient safety, ethics and advanced surgical skills before anything else.
WHY CHOOSE SBJH?
• SAFE SPINE SURGERY AT SBJH: We are proud to introduce the SAFE SPINE SURGERY here at Soundarapandian Bone and Joint Hospital. We will be using a technique to monitor the nerves of the body while performing all spine surgery, which will prevent nerve damage during surgery. This new technique is called Intraoperative Neurophysiological Monitoring (IONM), which requires a qualified technician and advanced monitors to visualize and monitor the nervous system through out your surgery. This will reduce the risk of nerve damage to the nerves to almost negligible, which allows the patient to recover early and almost nullifies the chances of nerve damage. There is no need to be afraid to undergo Spine Surgery anymore. Leave the care to us.
• PATIENT EDUCATION AND SUPPORT: Our biggest priority is to inform and educate our patients about their symptoms, their problem and the treatment options at every stage of your interaction with our team – surgeons, physiotherapists and nurses. We believe that this is time well spent.
• SPINAL REHABILITATION AND CRYOTHERAPY: Our rehabilitation interventions are evidence-based and in keeping with the accepted best-practices all over the world. We adopt an exercise based treatment approach combined with advice regarding posture and back care and multi modal pain treatments like interferential therapy, short-wave diathermy and ultrasound massage for chronic pain management. Our in-house fully dedicated Spinal Rehabilitation Department and Whole Body Cryotherapy unit along with a centre provide Comprehensive care for persons suffering from chronic back pain and other acute back ailments.
• ADVANCED SPINE PROCEDURES: SBJH employs state of art-advanced technology to treat various Spinal disorders and diseases. Our latest introduction is the INTRAOPERATIVE NEUROPHYSIOLOGICAL MONITORING (IONM). With these advancement in Spinal surgeries and technology, we offer the following Safe Spine Procedures:
1. Lumbar and Cervical Disc surgery
2. Surgical fixation for trauma and fractures of the Spine
3. Tumors of the Spine
4. Infections of the Spine
5. Pediatric Spine deformities (Scoliosis and Kyphosis)
6. Spinal Injection therapy (Selective Nerve root block, Facet and Pars block)
7. Radio frequency Ablation for Chronic back and neck pain
8. Day care Spine surgeries
9. Microscopic discectomy and decompression
10. Minimal invasive Spine Fusion surgeries
11. Cervical Disc replacement
12. Percutaneous Vertebroplasty and Balloon Kyphoplasty for elderly osteoporotic fractures
13. Revision Spine surgeries